Our school meals are provided by Sefton catering service and are prepared within our own modern, well equipped kitchen. Menus are planned to meet government food based standards.
Healthy eating is a key priority within our school and this is reflected in our dinner menus. Fresh vegetables, salad and fruit are available on a daily basis. For the juniors, we also operate a very popular 'deli bar'. This offers a wide range of sandwiches and wraps that are freshly made to order.
If your child has any special dietary requirement this can be catered for. Please contact us in school for further information.
Free School Meals
All children in Reception, year 1 and year 2 get free school meals regardless of your income. This is known as universal free school meals.
As a Sefton resident, you are eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit and have a net household income of less than £7400 per annum
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit ONLY (not entitled/receiving Working Tax Credit) and have an income of less that £16190.00
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Support under VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act
Pupil premium is extra funding that is provided by the government. This funding is to support your child’s education. If you or your partner are in one of the qualifying benefits, this can be claimed even if your child already receives universal free school meals.
How to apply
Visit Sefton Council using this link: Sefton Free School Meals